What are cookies
Cookies are small bits of information which are downloaded to the device used to visit a website. Each time that the same website is visited again, this device will be recognized.
By using cookies, information about visits and visitors will temporarily be saved by that website. Other websites may also recognize the device used through that same cookie. Per visit, various types of cookies may be used.
Cookies allow a website to customize a visit, for example by:
- Showing relevant navigation settings
- Remembering visitor preferences
- Generally improving the user experience
- Limiting the number of adverts shown
When visiting any of GMG’s web sites you agree by default that GMG places cookies on your device.
GMG’s web sites uses up to 4 types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
Anonymous cookies that allow visitors to navigate around GMG’s web sites use its features and access secure areas. The information gathered by these cookies cannot be used for marketing purposes. If the use of this type of cookies is not allowed, various parts of GMG’s web sites cannot be used.
Anonymous cookies that help GMG improve its websites. These types of cookies collect information about how visitors use GMG’s web sites, for instance about most visited pages, or the number of error messages shown. An example of this type is WebAnalytics cookies.
The information gathered by these cookies cannot be used for marketing purposes, and is not distributed to third parties.
Anonymous cookies that allow GMG’s web sites to remember visitor choices and preferences. Based on this information, GMG’s web sites can show more relevant information to individual visitors. Examples of data gathered are country and language preferences.
If not allowing the use of this type of cookies, this will:
- Block the use of various parts of GMG’s web sites
- Reduce the level of support GMG can offer
- Prevent GMG from remembering your preferences to not use or be shown a specific feature.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
With permission of GMG, this type of cookies is usually placed on GMG’s web sites by advertising networks. They are used to:
- Show relevant and personalized adverts
- Limit the number of times each advert is shown
- Measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign
- Remember your visit and share data collected with third parties, such as advertisers. Quite often, these cookies are linked to website functionality provided by that third party.
More about cookies
Find out more about cookies via these websites: