Theory of Constraints HandbookDr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Others
Level of TOC knowledge acquired:Introductory, Advanced and Intermediate
Designed for:Academics, Business owners, Consultants, Executives, Implementers, Leaders, Managers and Students
Topics:Change Management/Buy-In, Distribution, Finance and Measurements, Marketing, Ongoing Improvement, Operations/Production, Project Management, Sales, Strategy and Tactics, Supply Chain, TOC, Lean & Six Sigma, Thinking Processes and Viable Vision
Application:Buffer Management, Critical Chain, Current Reality Tree, Drum-Buffer-Rope, Evaporating Cloud, Five Focusing Steps, Future Reality Tree / Negative Branch, Market Segmentation and Pricing, Pre-requisite Tree / IO Map, Pull System/Replenishment, Strategy & Tactic Tree, Thinking Processes, Throughput Accounting and Unrefusable Offers
Format:Download and Hardcover
In this authoritative volume, the world\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s top Theory of Constraints (TOC) experts reveal how to implement the ground-breaking management and improvement methodology developed by Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt. Theory of Constraints Handbook offers an in-depth examination of this revolutionary concept of bringing about global organizational performance improvement by focusing on a few leverage points of the system.
Clear case studies define how the theory works, why it works, what issues are resolved, and what benefits accrue, and demonstrate how TOC can be applied to different industries and situations.
The Theory of Constraints Handbook is comprised of:
- 8 Sections including: What is TOC by Eli Goldratt; Critical Chain Project Management; Drum-Buffer-Rope, Buffer Management and Distribution; Performance Measures; Strategy, Marketing, and Sales; Thinking Processes; TOC in Services; TOC in Complex Environments
- 38 Chapters including a selected bibliography of Eli Goldratt
- 45 Authors (the top TOC experts in the world)
- Approximately 1200 pages.
- Each of the sections (excluding 1), is introduced with an academic chapter reviewing the literature related to that subject.
Theory of Constraints Handbook covers:
- Critical Chain Project Management for realizing major improvements in delivering projects on time, to specification, and within budget
- Drum-Buffer-Rope (DBR), Buffer Management, and distribution for maximizing throughput and minimizing flow time
- Performance measures for applying Throughput Accounting to improve organizational performance
- Strategy, marketing, and sales techniques designed to increase sales closing rates and Throughput
- Thinking Processes for simple and complex environments
- TOC methods to ensure that services actions support escalating demand for services while retaining financial viability
- Integrating the TOC Thinking Processes, the Strategy and Tactic Tree, TOC measurements, the Five Focusing Steps of TOC, Lean, and Six Sigma as a system of tools for sustainable improvement
- I: What is TOC?
- II: Critical Chain Project Management
- III: DBR, Buffer Management, and Distribution
- IV: Performance Measures
- V: Strategy, Marketing, and Sales
- VI: Thinking Processes
- VII: TOC in Services
- VIII: TOC in Complex Environments
- Theory of Constraints in Complex Organizations
- Applications of Strategy and Tactics Trees in Organizations
- Complex Environments
- Combining Lean, Six Sigma, and the Theory of Constraints to Achieve Breakthrough Performance
- Using TOC in Complex Systems
- Theory of Constraints for Personal Productivity/Dilemmas
- IX: Summary
About the Editors:
James F. Cox III, Ph.D, CFPIM, CIRM, holds TOCICO certifications in all disciplines. He is a Jonah's Jonah, Professor Emeritus, and was the Robert O. Arnold Professor of Business in the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. Dr. Cox has written three books on TOC.
John Schleier holds TOCICO certifications in all disciplines. He was President and Chief Operating Officer of the Mortgage Services Division of Alltel, Inc., Executive Vice President of Computer Power, Inc., and Director of Office Systems and Data Delivery for IBM.