TOC SLP/GSP content
What is the problem?
- What is distribution? and who is impacted by Distribution?
- Step 1: Identify the system's constraint
- Step 2: Decide how to exploit the system's constraint - Have the right inventory at the right place at the right time
- Step 3: Subordinate everything else to the above decision
- The distribution cloud
- Examine the Assumptions
What is the solution?
- What to change to? Improve forecast, improvement replenishment time and improve reliability
- Is accuracy of the forecast the same for every stage of the distribution system?
- Replenishment time
- From "push" to "pull"
- GM Cadillac Real case
- Operational measurements - Throughput Dollar Day (TDD) and Inventory Dollar Days (IDD)
- Primary measurement: Throughput Dollar Day (TDD)
- Secondary measurement: Inventory Dollar Days (IDD)
- What is the impact?
- Measurements for the components of a supply chain: Throughout
- Supply chain composed of companies
- Internal Supply Chain
TOC Insights Content
Part 1: The Challenge
Part 2: Setting inventory levels
Part 3: The Core Conflict
Part 4: Inventory jeopardizes sales
Part 5: The underlying assumptions
Part 6: Is the relative accuracy of the forecast uniform throughput the system?
Part 7: The plant warehouse concept
Part 8: Order daily, replenish frequently
Part 9: Dealing with shops and slow movers
Part 10 & 11: Measurements of execution
Part 12-15: Implications on a plant that feeds a distribution system
Part 16: Synchronizing a supply chain
Part 17: Internal supply chain