Performance Measures Concepts and Principles Workshop on CDDebra A. Smith
Level of TOC knowledge acquired:Introductory
Designed for:Business owners, Consultants, Implementers, Managers and Academics
Topics:Finance and Measurements
This workshop introduces participants to the problems using traditional performance measurements.
Cost-world measurements of managerial accounting versus the throughput-world measurements of theory of constraints are illustrated through the use of the evaporating cloud technique of TOC thinking processes.
A case study on production batch sizing is used to illustrate the focus of cost-world thinking versus the focus of throughput-world thinking. The relationships of drum-buffer-rope scheduling and buffer management to each step of the five-focusing steps are introduced.
- Explain how management accounting with TOC provides relevant decision-making information.
- Explain management’s core conflict.
- Recognize cost-world and throughput-world measurements.
- Explain how to develop effective measurements to exploit and subordinate to the constraint.
- Construct a measurement conflict cloud.