Production Management Concepts and Principles Workshop on CDCharles A. Gauthier
Level of TOC knowledge acquired:Introductory
Designed for:Shop Floor workers, Consultants, Implementers and Academics
Application:Drum-Buffer-Rope and Buffer Management
This workshop introduces participants to the production paradigm of constraints management.
Simple games comparing balanced capacity and constraints-based capacity production environments are used to illustrate the impact of statistical fluctuation and dependent events on line throughput.
The control points in a production environment are described, and how to plan and control these points using the drum-buffer-rope scheduling methodology is illustrated. VAT analysis and buffer management are described.
- What are the effects o traditional performance measurements on production
- What are the effects of balancing capacity
- What is a system constraint
- The basic components and behaviors of drum-buffer-rope(DBR) scheduling
- VAT analysis
- Orders and materials scheduling