With the exception of companies whose stated business is retail, most companies tend to ignore distribution. This is a huge mistake. Since every company is a link in a supply chain, most already realize that as long as the end consumer has not bought, nobody has sold. The biggest clot in the supply chain - the majority of the inventories - are usually found in the distribution stage. If a company wants to prosper its managers must understand how to help the distribution link to drastically improve its performance.
Your organization will learn how to carry out practical changes and what are the points you should take into account to have a successful implementation.
Pull System - trigger supply based on actual consumption.
Replenishment - supply the minimum necessary amount to protect availability during the replenishment lead time.
Aggregation - placing inventory in the right place to significantly reduce the amount of inventory required to protect against consumption variability.
Includes the Q&A segment at the end of the presentation.
A knowledge sharing tool for group learning and buy-in to:
- Ensure the availability at point of sale, while significantly reducing inventory levels.
- Gain consensus from different stakeholders.
- Put SIMPLE & common sense procedures that your team can put into practice for IMMEDIATE results by changing from a push to a pull system.
- Understand the answers to the questions “what to change?” and “what to change to?” to significantly MAXIMIZE AVAILABILITY while MINIMIZING INVENTORY LEVELS.
- Use as a comprehensive and system-focused learning resource for organizational development, group training, curriculum or library.
- Learn the procedures and measurements to understand how the supply chain can drastically improve its performance and distribute to maximize availability.
What is the problem?
◦ What is distribution? and who is impacted by Distribution?
◦ Step 1: Identify the system's constraint
◦ Step 2: Decide how to exploit the system's constraint - Have the right inventory at the right place at the right time
◦ Step 3: Subordinate everything else to the above decision
◦ The distribution cloud
◦ Examine the Assumptions
What is the solution?
◦ What to change to? Improve forecast, improvement replenishment time and improve reliability
◦ Is accuracy of the forecast the same for every stage of the distribution system?
◦ Replenishment time
◦ From "push" to "pull"
◦ GM Cadillac Real case
◦ Operational measurements of the Supply Chain - what is the purpose of measurements?
◦ Primary measurement: Throughput Dollar Day (TDD)
◦ Secondary measurement: Inventory Dollar Days (IDD)
◦ What is the impact?
◦ Measurements for the components of a supply chain: Throughout
◦ Supply chain composed of companies
◦ Internal Supply Chain
Questions & Answers
The Goldratt Satellite Program (GSP) Company Licensing Agreement
The Video of The Goldratt Satellite Program (GSP)
This Licensing Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions under which Goldratt's Marketing, Ltd. licenses The Goldratt Satellite Program (GSP) to Licensee.
The GSP was recorded during the live broadcast of the Goldratt Satellite Program presented by Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt in eight sessions during March to May 1999.
1. LICENSE GRANT
Goldratt's Marketing, Ltd. hereby grants to Licensee a nonexclusive, nontransferable, license to use the GSP. Licensee is prohibited from sub-licensing, renting, broadcasting, up/ downloading or leasing any portion of the GSP to a third party.
Licensee has the right to enable any individual working for Licensee to view the GSP in full or partially. Each viewer is entitled to multiple viewing of the GSP as long as this Agreement is in effect.
The GSP is available for unlimited viewing by Licensee as detailed in section 1 provided the license fee has been paid in full.
The License term of this agreement is for an unlimited time period, and begins on the date of Licensee's acceptance of online agreement at the time of purchase and receipt of the appropriate paid up fee.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
Title to and ownership of the GSP shall at all times reside with Eliyahu M. Goldratt. The GSP and accompanying materials (CD - Viewer Notebook) provided by Goldratt's Marketing, Ltd. to Licensee under this Agreement, are protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Licensee acquires no rights or licenses with respect to the GSP and/or accompanying materials other than stated in this Agreement. Licensee commits not to duplicate or make copies of the GSP and/or accompanying materials and will take any reasonable precautions to prevent others from duplicating.
Licensee is responsible to take care of the maintenance of the GSP. If GSP is lost or damaged, a replacement will be provided with a charge.
Goldratt's Marketing, Ltd. shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement for any breach of this agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, Licensee shall immediately return to Goldratt's Marketing, Ltd. at its own expense, all copies of the GSP in Licensee's possession or under its control.
If you are an Academic who is part of a formal educational institution, you are welcome to participate in our Academic Program which allows the Professor/University to teach students about the Theory of Constraints (TOC) using any of the following materials:
- The Goal movie
- TOC Insights
- TOC Self Learning Programs/GSP Series
Our Academic Program offers the Professor/University an opportunity to incorporate TOC Materials, such as the The Goal movie, TOC Insights, TOC Self Learning Programs, and GSP Series, into the course curriculum in order to provide a base of knowledge about the Theory of Constraints, and/or to include cases studies and video presentations from TOC.tv in order to show specific examples of how TOC has been implemented.
Interested parties will enter an Academic License Agreement which grants the non-exclusive, nontransferable rights to utilize the material in their course(s) provided that the Academic Licensee requires each student to purchase the material as part of the required course material. Students will pay a special Academic price which is significantly reduced from the list price and is as affordable as any other required text.
Participating Professors will receive his/her own copy of the TOC materials and is granted access to and use of such materials at no cost for as long as the Academic Program is active.
The benefits of participating in an Academic programs are huge. There is no monetary investment for the Professor/University. The Professor will have access to learning material which supports their course and expands their own personal knowledge of TOC. The students will be learning about TOC with materials that provide detailed knowledge and support and deepen their understanding.
In any case, if the above is not right for your Academic needs, there are Academic discounts available for any of the above materials.
Please CONTACT US for more information on the Academic programs and/or discounts.